(Original idea from Perpetual Preschool)
Ingredients (per child):
Paper baking cup/muffin liner
1-2 pieces of Shredded Wheat or Chex cereal
1 large marshmallow
1 mini marshmallow
1) Fill the muffin liner half way with pudding.
2) Crumble the cereal and sprinkle it over the pudding.
3) Place the large marshmallow on top of the hay. This will be Jesus' body.
4) Place the mini marshmallow at one end of the large marshmallow. This will be baby Jesus' head.
Melt in Your Mouth Muffins
Ingredients and Directions:
Part 1: dry ingredients
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
½ tsp. salt
1 TBS baking powder
Mix these together and set aside
Part 2: liquid ingredient
1/3 cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup key lime juice
Mix these together.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Spoon the mixture into greased muffin pans or paper liners. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
(Makes 12 regular size muffins.)
1 spoonful of peanut butter
1 spoonful of Karo syrup
1 spoonful of powdered sugar
1 spoonful nonfat dry milk
2 mini cookies
1 6 inch string of licorice
- Place the peanut butter, syrup, powdered sugar, and dry milk in a small cup.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon until no dry ingredients can be seen.
- Shape the peanut butter dough into a ball and place it on a plate. This is your mouse body!
- Add the raisins for eyes.
- Make mouse ears by inserting the cookies on the side.
- Add licorice for the tail.
- Munch! Munch!
(Idea shared by Kim Martin)
Ingredients (per child):
1 piece of bread
3-4 pretzel sticks (depending on the size of your bread and pretzel sticks!)
¼ graham cracker
1 big marshmallow
1 regular marshmallow
1) Spread peanut butter onto a piece of bread.
2) Add four pretzel sticks to outline the stable. (Or use just three, breaking the top one in half.)
3) Place ¼ graham cracker in the center for the manger.
4) Add 1 big and 1 little marshmallow for baby Jesus.
Bird Nest Cookies
1/2 cup soft shortening (half butter)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg yolk (reserve the white)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Sift together and stir in:
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix the dough well. Roll the dough into one inch balls. Dip each ball into slightly beaten egg white and then roll in shredded coconut. Place each ball on a cookie sheet; then push down the
center with your thumb to make a nest shape with a depression in the center. Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes and let them cool. Place a jelly bean 'egg' inside each cookie 'nest.'
Edible Bird Nests
1 cup Chow Mein Noodles
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter chips in a microwave or on low heat on the stove. Stir.
- Place the Chow Mein Noodles in a large bowl.
- Pour the melted chips over the noodles.
- Mix together to coat.
- Give each child a mound of noodle mixture.
- Shape into bird nests.
- Place a few jellybean 'eggs' in each nest.
1 piece of bread per child
- Mix the milk with a few drops of food coloring. Make one or more colors!
- Using a clean paintbrush, have each child dip their brush into the tinted milk and make a design on their bread.
- Place the bread in the toaster oven and toast.
1 cup of shelled/hulled roasted peanuts
2 Tablespoons oil
2 Tablespoons honey
¼ tsp. salt
- Shell the peanuts.
- Hull the peanuts.
- Put 1 cup of peanuts in the food processor.
- Add 2 Tablespoons oil.
- Add 2 Tablespoons honey.
- Add ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Spread on crackers.